Calendar of Events
Around Manhattan Official NYC Architectural Boat Tour (with Emerging New York Architects (ENYA))
When: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
Where:Chelsea Piers (Pier 62) - W. 22nd and Hudson River (Manhattan - New York, NY). Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.
Step aboard the teak decks of the Manhattan, Classic Harbor Lines' elegant, 1920s-style yacht, for an educational around-Manhattan architecture tour, hosted by architects and members of the American Institute of Architects New York Chapter (AIANY).
Experience a comfortable and unique trip through the Hudson, East and Harlem Rivers from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory, or wander to the outer decks for fresh air and sunlight with a complimentary beverage in hand. Guests are treated to a complimentary beer, wine or champagne from the bar and light snacks, as well as soda, water, tea and coffee.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, you will completely circumnavigate the island of Manhattan (passing under all 18 bridges) while taking in the sites and architecture tour designed by AIANY.
Some 2012 tour highlights include:
• An examination of the visionary development of NYC's 6th borough: the waterfront!
• Memorials: an update on One World Trade Center and an exploration of Manhattan's waterside memorials
• Downtown "Starchitecture": Frank Gehry's 8 Spruce Street, Jean Nouvel's 100 Eleventh Ave. condos, and the Standard Hotel
• Coverage of classic icons of Lower Manhattan: the Woolworth Building, Wall Street's art deco spires, and the Brooklyn Bridge
• The story on postwar urban renewal and public housing along the East River
• Engineering marvels, such as Harlem River's bridges: swing, lift and fixed-span
Regular - $75
Child - $40
Please purchase tickets here: http://www.zerve.com/SailNYC/ArchTour
AIA Members, use discount code "AIAB5" to receive $5 off.
Special 09/09/2012 Emerging New York Architects (ENYA) Group Discount
Young architects and design professionals are invited to join the Emerging New York Architects Committee on this architecture tour which will include sites featured in the ENYA Biennial Design Ideas Competitions.
AIA member group discount: 4 tickets for $200
(Please contact ENYA directly for this discount code - email@example.com)
Classic Harbor Lines will operate the "Around Manhattan Official NYC Architectural Tour" nearly every Sunday and Tuesday, with additional Thursday dates, in 2012. Please check exact dates here: http://www.zerve.com/SailNYC/ArchTour
Event website: http://www.zerve.com/SailNYC/ArchTour