Calendar of Events
Design: Just What the Heck Is It?
When: 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM WEDNESDAY, ARCHTOBER 17
Where: At The Center
A Town+Gown event in collaboration with the AIANY/Center for Architecture
presented in association with Archtober, Architecture and Design Month, New York City
CREATES JOBS—Design as economics/economic development
- Katie Codey, New York City Council
- Miquela Craytor, New York City Economic Development Corporation
- David Giles, Center for Urban Future
- Moderator: Ronnie Lowenstein, New York City Independent Budget Office
CHANGES PUBLIC SERVICES—Design changes in public service delivery (Town+Gown case study)
- James Biber, FAIA, Biber Architects
- Sharun Goodwin, New York City Department of Probation
- Laura Kurgan, Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation
- Susan Tucker, New York City Department of Probation
- Lonni Tanner, New York City Department of Design and Construction/SeeChangeNYC
- James Victore, James Victore, Inc.
- Moderator: David Burney, FAIA, New York City Department of Design and Construction
IMPROVES QUALITY OF URBAN LIFE
- Chelsea Mauldin, Public Policy Lab
- Mark Randall, WorldStudio
- Karrie Jacobs, School of Visual Arts
- Willy Wong, NYC & Company, AIGA/NY
- Moderator: Laetitia Wolff, DesigNYC
Organized by Town+Gown and the AIA New York Chapter/Center for Architecture.
Cost: free for AIA and Town+Gown members; $10 non-members.
A program of Archtober, Architecture and Design Month New York City, October 2012.